Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-03-2009, 12:03 PM   #1

Share |

Bathroom Reno

I just want to confirm if I have done everything correctly up to now in my bathroom reno. I removed all the old drywall around my old tub and replaced with 1/2" hardibacker, taped all joints and never had 4 corners meet. Plumber installed new tub then I tiled around according to tub specs and the grouted and sealed grout plus caulked all corners, around the tub and the ceiling. I have since ripped up 3/8" ply from floor replace with 1/4" hardibacker which was attached with thinset and screwed down, I then added a 3x5ft Nuheat flooring mat applied with same thinset. I am currently drywalling repairing after the initial demo and then I intend to prime the room, and then paint it. Tile the floor fully, I am hoping that its level enough after heating mat. Add toilet and vanity and fixtures.

Old 06-04-2009, 06:16 AM   #2

Bathroom Reno

Is there a question here somewhere?? Sonds like you have done a good job so far.

Just Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:59 PM   #3

Bathroom Reno

I would have installed the tub, then the backer board over a vapor barrier on the bare studs. After furring the walls for the tub lip. On exterior walls, cut the wall v.b. to go into the tub.

Recommend 1-1/4" minimum ply for floor, before backer. Be safe, G
Gary in WA is offline   Reply With Quote