Bathroom Remodel - Tips, Advice, Suggestions? - Kitchen & Bath Remodeling - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-18-2012, 08:45 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 77

Bathroom Remodel - Tips, advice, suggestions?

We are just in the midst of updating our kitchen which we hope will give us the updated look we want for the next few years while we take care of other updates and projects. One of those projects is the main bath remodel. We have 2 half baths and 1 (this) main bathroom.

We are getting rid of the light, mirror, standing pantry, and vanity/sink/faucet/top. I will be ripping up the existing tile and repairing a bunch of drywall before continuing. We purchased a 48" vanity on a good sale. It is a dark java color with euro-style doors.

We will be going with a light colored solid surface, possibly marble or granite, top with a rectangular sink. I will add recessed lighting in the ceiling (probably 4 x 4" or 5" lights) and 2 wall mounted lights on either side of the mirror. The mirror will be a flush mount rectangular mirror. Color of the room will be a light grey green color with a touch of blue. Floors will be tiled with a light color porcelain tile of some sort.

We are not sure if we will keep the 3-piece shower or get rid of it and opt for a tub + tile surround. This will probably depend on budget. The wife is concerned about cleaning a tile surround but I don't feel it will be that terrible.

I want to build a small built in/linen closet in the corner to the left of the door. What would be the standard width of a small in-bathroom closet?

Our bathroom right now:

Some design ideas:

Advertisement

NickWa is offline   Reply With Quote