Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-29-2013, 12:31 PM   #1

Share |

Bath Ventilation Retro Fit w/o Removing Ceiling

I have VERY noisy 20yr old vent/heater/light system (Nutone 665RP) in a 1st floor bathroom that I would like to replace with a similar unit (Broan 100HL) with less noise.

I do not have access to the subfloor and the ceiling is not opened to allow installation to go as they show in the manual.

I'm looking for a method to install the new fan unit strictly from below while the ceiling is place and the only opening is the hole that the unit is mounted into.

Ideas?

ecommerceaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:42 PM   #2

Sheetrock ceiling?
Have you removed the cover to see if there's just screws attaching it to the joist?

joecaption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:27 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecaption View Post
Sheetrock ceiling?
Have you removed the cover to see if there's just screws attaching it to the joist?

Yes a Sheetrock Ceiling with lovely Popcorn. its attached with the 'patented' Nutone/Broan hanger system. I can disassemble the current one from below, but getting those hangers from the new one installed and then the unit attached to them is the rub.
ecommerceaustin is offline   Reply With Quote