Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-31-2012, 09:42 PM   #1

Share |

Bad kitchen design? Pic

i'm afraid the fridge is not in the optimal location and not enough wall cabinets. What do you guys think? it's a 200,000 market value flip. ignore the wall cabinet placement. it's supposed to be flush with the top.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad kitchen design? Pic-arcade-sketch-1.jpg  
jclee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:50 PM   #2

Bad kitchen design? Pic

Switch sink and fridge positions. Maybe a couple of wall cabinets to left of new sink location. Otherwise, looks good
mterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:29 PM   #3

Bad kitchen design? Pic

I agree with mterry,switch sink and fridge,add cabs on left wall, with micro above stove and center window with sink.
By the way did you get the software for the layout/design?
marko205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:38 PM   #4

Bad kitchen design? Pic

this was the sort of the original layout. i would have to move plumbing if i wanted to move sink
jclee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:55 PM   #5

Bad kitchen design? Pic

Agree, swap the sink and fridge locations, you can add full height pantry cabinets around the fridge. You are going to spend the money on a new kitchen so what is another few hundred dollars to move the plumbing.....You maybe dissapointed that you didnt spend the extra $$ to swap these locations and by tghis time it is to late!
Hardwood Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:59 AM   #6

Bad kitchen design? Pic

If you are going to move plumbing anyway, why not put the sink in front of the window and fill the wall left of the window with cabinetry while you're at it?
Pianolady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:14 AM   #7

Bad kitchen design? Pic

If I had a choice I would center the window on that wall and put the sink there then move the fridge to the front Rh corner of the wall where you have cabinets now and install a wall cap at the end to hide the back of the fridge, move the bar to the left and make it part of the countertop and install full length (countertop to ceiling) corner cabinets in both corners for pantry storage. That's if it's within budget but like someone else said, it's better to do more now than regret it later.

Edited to add, where's the DW and add a snack bar taller than the cabinets when you move the bar. I know you'll lose the access from both sides of the bar but you'll gain additional cabinets and the kitchen will flow easier.

Last edited by Radrob777; 11-01-2012 at 06:18 AM.
Radrob777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:08 AM   #8
Retired from the grind

Bad kitchen design? Pic

Fridge also to the RH corner. Bad placement in the middle of the counter run. Or even switch the stove and fridge would be a better choice.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!
: So what'll happen?
: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?
gregzoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:32 AM   #9
Architect

Bad kitchen design? Pic

There is a window above the existing sink.

Everybody is saying to put the fridge in that location. I agree with the idea, however.. is the window location flexible? You said this was a flip, which tells me its existing.

Center the sink below the window on the far wall, move the fridge to the wall on the right hand side of your drawing and push it all the way to the front adjacent to the island.

That is what I would do.
jcarlilesiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:15 AM   #10

Bad kitchen design? Pic

Since you don't want to move the plumbing, and probably not the exhaust vent either, then what you have is about the only option. What makes it look odd is the window beside the refrigerator.

Any chance of getting rid of the window? If I were living there I would not care about the extra window in a kitchen, as long as there was plenty of light in the room. But that's just me.
NancyNGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:11 AM   #11

Bad kitchen design? Pic

Jclee you really want that refrigerator in your kitchen if its position is changed from kitchen to any other place .Otherwise design is good.
jordanport is offline   Reply With Quote