Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Remodeling > Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-30-2013, 09:05 AM   #1
Coconut Pete's paella!

Share |

All-tile shower. Wall to floor transition question.

We just closed on our house Friday and Wednesday we move in. There are a few small items I want to address before we do so.

The shower is beautiful, recently remodelled. It's all tile, floor, walls, everything - no pan.

Everything is grouted, and there are cracks in the floor-wall transition. The tiling community seems to be split 50/50 here with using grout vs. caulk. I have decided to join the 50% that use caulk.

Besides scraping out the cracked caulk, cleaning the area and letting it dry, are there any other tricks I need to know? I'm decent at caulking seams, masking the area etc.

Thanks in advance.

CoconutPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:10 AM   #2

Do you know what brand of grout was used? Grout manufacturers usually sell caulk that matches their colors. Matching the color any other way would be iffy at best.

md2lgyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:15 AM   #3
Coconut Pete's paella!

Quote:
Originally Posted by md2lgyk View Post
Do you know what brand of grout was used? Grout manufacturers usually sell caulk that matches their colors. Matching the color any other way would be iffy at best.
Don't know. I have plenty of extra tiles, but no clue what grout was used. Luckily though .... whatever color it IS, it is VERY close to that generic "almond" or "bisquit" generic color that most places sell, so I am going to go with that. I did a "test squirt" on some masking tape and it will blend in nicely.
CoconutPete is offline   Reply With Quote