DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Plumbing (
-   -   Wye vs. Sanitary tees (

gsgtree 11-26-2008 12:05 AM

Wye vs. Sanitary tees
I recently completed a kitchen remodel with exception to laying the flooring, while filling/draining my sink I noticed a leak from the wall . I opened the wall up and found that the pipe just below of the sanitary drain was cracked. My question is can I use a wye vs. a sanitary tee to tie in the sink drain, vent pipe and the drain line. I have very limited space to make it work and cannot pull the cabinets due to a recent granite top install.

skyman 11-26-2008 08:55 PM

Yep, put a street 90 in it, and you should be good.

JDC 11-26-2008 09:46 PM

If you use a wye/street 45 combo what you are effectively doing is choking off your vent. A tee would be a better fix. However, you'd probably be ok with the wye. I'd oversize the fixture arm if possible to 2" then reduce down to 1-1/2" using a bushing right where it 90s out of the wall.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:10 PM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.