DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

wiring pressure switch and control box

7K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  rjniles 
#1 ·
I recently purchased a forclosed house with a well. I replaced the tank and replumbed the well in side the house. I also replaced the Franklin QD control box and pressure switch. The Pump would run before I did the changes but the wiring was quite poorly done and dangerouse. I replaced the wiring to the pressure switch and tank. My problem comes in with the correct way to wire the pressure switch to the control box and then to the pump. The pump is a single phase, 3 wire, red,black,yellow. The box is a franklin qd connect #2801054915 capasitor start, 1/2 hp. The box is the same one that was in place previously ( I took the old one in ). The box is a five wire connection, Black is (main) Yellow (motor Leads) and L2 Red(start) Blue is L1. Main goes to a control box which the capasitor is attaced to along with the L1 Lead and the red start from the capasitor.
Do I wire all power to the presure switch then L1 and L2 to the control or do I need to bring the power from the main into the control box. Need some help hear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.