Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-13-2010, 05:27 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to barbie962000
Share |

williams heating wall unit 30,000 replacing thermocouple

my wall unit in a rental apartment wouldn't stay lit so my handyman said it was thermocouple so he took it off(the unit is maybe 15yr.old ) bought a new one and cant lace it thru to click on,can't see how to get it thru the other end, so I decided to call where I bought the unit and he says hes booked till the end of month say he doesn't do emergencies but in the meantime my tenant has no heat and this is northeast. I need help Barbara

barbie962000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 09:10 PM   #2
Picky Plumber

Sorry Barbara, about your tenants heat AND your poor choice of contractors. Any contractor that 'doesn't do emergencies' is a RED FLAG for future reference.
Back to your question, do you know the Model/Serial numbers of that unit? Likely, with most things, there is some disassembly required to replace the thermocouple (if indeed that is the problem).
I hope you will not give that 'contractor' the opportunity to do any more work for you in the future. Next time, use a company with a good reputation that has more than one employee. You may pay more but they're always there when needed.

Plumber26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 05:03 PM   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to barbie962000

plumber 26 thanks for your reply but I am not there to see the model/series # but basicly they are the same cause I have one in another apt. but there is a box that it has to go thru, but plumbers around here don't seem to know how to fix the wall heating units. The 2nd one that said Nov. 30 is a fireplace store the one that installed it. I'll pay but just can't find anyone that know about it thanks Barb
barbie962000 is offline   Reply With Quote