Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-29-2010, 07:39 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Wife's Plumbing

I thought that title might get some quick attention.
Have completely gutted one of the wife's bathrooms, she has 2, (the dog, 4 cats and myself have to share the downstairs bathroom). She's wanted her bathrooms renovated for some years particularly the purple one (my favorite color) and it has / had one hell of good flushing commode (Rheem 3.5). I have been able to put off any renovating until recently, found her shower pan leaking / raining down into my bathroom. I believe that sometimes while I was utilizing my bathroom she would run upstairs and take a shower in hopes of expediting the renovation of her bathroom.: There is a 2 inch cast iron vent which is not inside the wall, it is in the corner & boxed in with plywood & drywall from floor to ceiling. Wife wants it to go away. Lav sink & vent are at an outside wall- no space to get to it in the attic-don't want to punch thru to outside & have vent on outside wall-I am going to cut vent under sub floor use 2"x1 1/2" no hub band & adapter, 2 street 8th bends, hole saw 1 1/2" thru 2x4 inside wall on floor & 1 1/2 sanitary T for lav sink waste arm ( studs are allready notched out from where I removed lead waste arm) & was going to put studor vent a few inches above the 1 1/2" sanitary T and would have a small access door or plastic vent to cover. I know SHE won't like access door or plastic vent cover (ASStetics) so since I am stubbing out 1x1/2 waste to lav sink why not put the studor vent on there & raise it up as high as I can between the sink & the wall. The waste arm will be 30", the studor will be mounted after the trap as high as I can get it, won't be using a sanitary T will just 90 it down, the 1 1/2 will be no hubed to the 2" cast iron. Here's what im worried about the vent services the downstairs kitchen sink also and im reducing the 2" vent to 1 1/2" studor under the lav sink. If I remember my DFU's correctly lav is 1 and kitchen sink is 2 total 3, studor vent mini boast it can handle 20 DFU's. Studor vent under upstairs lav sink to vent it & downstairs kitchen sink good plan or not?
V / R
DWAYNE (Floriduh)

dwayne423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 12:08 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 10

Wife's Plumbing

My bad, found vent does not service downstairs kitchen sink, it turned under sub floor and picked up the shower then to 4" stack. Have gotten some CI and all lead & have most of drains in & water lines transitioned from galvanized to cpvc & 1/2 of 2" CI vent down. Maybe complete with plumbing by tomorrow. Was a real tuff job getting lav drain re-routed thru timbers & some concrete. Have stubbed up for 4" CO and 1 1/2 CO's on walls discreet places with flush plugs and small access panels, she wont like it but in my mind is required wherever a water saver commode going in. I still have the purple beast, going to calcisolve mineral build up out of jets etc. & have it re-finished cream color all in preparation of when she gets tired of occasional problem with water saver she WILL beg to have the monster back. Anyone have any recommendation for a water saver commode ?

dwayne423 is offline   Reply With Quote