WHOLE House Water Treatment? What Is Best For Family? - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-04-2008, 12:13 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

WHOLE house water treatment? What is best for family?

I have researched this for a few years now but still confused. Our family just moved into a new 4000 sq ft house. All is done in pex lines and water is of a public system. We live in Belle River Ontario Canada and have a busy household (although there is 3 of us) with many guests and family constantly. I curretly have a whole house GE water system at the water main (charcoal) but the summer lake tastes are still present like a moldy taste. We also have a Paloma 7.4 gal tankless hat water system. I did notice a huge pressure drop while the GE water filter is on. Thus not allowing enough cold water to keep up with the Tankless at times when other waters are running. I just am so confused as to best treat our water for the whole house for my FAMILY amongst keeping other household items (fridge ice maker/water dispenser/washing machine/tankless water etc also sediment free) as well as the taste, chemicals, water hardness to the very minimal especially for my little ones. Thank You,
Sean
STBEAR007@hotmail.com

Advertisement

stbear007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 10:07 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 75

WHOLE house water treatment? What is best for family?

Depending on your hardness and actual flow rate, it is difficult to recommend an precise piece of equipment. I would call Kinetico to see how they can help you. They are not cheap but have some of thge highest flow rates in the industry.

Moreover, since they are a twin-tank design, you never run out of treated water and there will be no need for the GE filter device. They are non-electric so you never have electronic issues such as mother boards or power outage problems.

Good luck,
Andy Christensen, CWS-II

Advertisement

Andy CWS is offline   Reply With Quote