Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-28-2008, 10:10 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 25

Who makes a good corner shower???

Five years ago when I reno'd the bathroom I bought a nice Mirolin corner shower that's been nothing but a headache ever since. Poor design. The caulking between the base and the sides eventually always lets go and it leaks. I have to redo the caulking every 8-12 months. Anyways, no tips on caulking please. What I would like to know is who makes a nice retrofit corner acrylic/fibreglass shower??? (I've considered hacking a hole in the house to put in a one pc. but it's just too much destruction.) I've put in retrofit 3 pc. tubs before that have nice overlaps where the sides meet the tub and they don't even require caulking. It would be nice to find a retrifit corner shower like that.

murray59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 10:34 PM   #2
Doing it myself

Rewards Points: 2,024
Send a message via AIM to Alan Send a message via MSN to Alan

I know this isn't really any help, but I don't like neo-angle showers at all, so I would never reccomend one.

Old 06-02-2008, 01:42 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

A one piece unit is always your best bet. Hytec (made by Kohler) is a great brand. I've had these in all my houses and my company installs them in almost all retrofits and new home construction. Here is a link to their site http://www.hytec.ca/onlinecatalog/pr...Shower+Modules

I recommend the Gelcoat over the acrylics though... they're just nicer units. They can come in 1 piece units or multiple piece "knockdown" units... don't worry there's no caulking involved. OH 1 more thing though... these are out of Canada but it will give you a good idea of what's out there

Last edited by Plumberman; 06-02-2008 at 01:46 AM.
Plumberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 02:26 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumberman View Post
A one piece unit is always your best bet. Hytec (made by Kohler) is a great brand. I've had these in all my houses and my company installs them in almost all retrofits and new home construction. Here is a link to their site http://www.hytec.ca/onlinecatalog/pr...Shower+Modules

I recommend the Gelcoat over the acrylics though... they're just nicer units. They can come in 1 piece units or multiple piece "knockdown" units... don't worry there's no caulking involved. OH 1 more thing though... these are out of Canada but it will give you a good idea of what's out there
Thanks Plumberman, looks like what I want but the pics aren't too detailed so I need to find a showroom near me. i'm in Canada so that should help.
murray59 is offline   Reply With Quote