Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-21-2013, 08:22 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Whirlpool whole house water filtration leak

I moved into this house in July. It has a Whirlpool whole house water filtration system with 30 micron, 2 micron and .5 micron filters in a row. There is water leaking from the red "air release" button on top on the .5 micron filter. Is there a fairly simple fix for this? Or, will I have to undo the whole system to replace the top of the "shell" that holds the filter cartridge???

gregandsonderek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:46 PM   #2
Water Treatment

Rewards Points: 0

Whirlpool whole house water filtration leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregandsonderek View Post
I moved into this house in July. It has a Whirlpool whole house water filtration system with 30 micron, 2 micron and .5 micron filters in a row. There is water leaking from the red "air release" button on top on the .5 micron filter. Is there a fairly simple fix for this? Or, will I have to undo the whole system to replace the top of the "shell" that holds the filter cartridge???
You will first of course have to turn the water off before and after the filters, then the unit in question will need the sump or the part that holds the filter removed.
The red button is part of three, there is the phillps head screw and then spring and then the red part. By taking out the screw that will let lose the red, do not lose any of the parts then wash up the parts and the hole from which the items came from , put back together like you took it apart with the screw not all the way tight as there needs to be some play up and down and you should be good to return to normal life.

Akpsdvan is offline   Reply With Quote