Whirlpool Tub Intake Filter Needs Replaced - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-14-2008, 11:14 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Whirlpool tub intake filter needs replaced

I need to replace a broken intake filter on a whirlpool tub. can't even recall how it broke. Any below are some before and after shots and a possible replacement part I found online somewhere. Really stuck with taking off what's left of the filter without damaging things further. Any suggestions???

Before

After

Replacement parts:??

Advertisement

jdi4real is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 10:58 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 500

Whirlpool tub intake filter needs replaced

It looks to me like the piece on the tub is broken and will need to be replaced. I have no idea how that piece is installed and you might have to get to the backside of it to take it apart. Not an easy task if it is framed in like mine is.

I would give Whirlpool a call and ask them how you replace it or see if there is an online manual for it that shows how it is put together.

If there are screw threads on the backside of the replacement parts then I am convinced that you will need to get behind the tub to replace it.

Advertisement