Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-23-2007, 04:19 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Whirlpool tub

We are in the process of building a new house and are trying to buy a whirlpool tub. There is a brand called Carver that it seems you can only buy over the internet. They are reasonably priced and the thing I really like about them is the jet placement. Has anyone heard of these and know if they are reliable? Does anyone have suggestions as to what brands to buy and what to stay away from? Thanks for the help.

mathmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 09:40 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 500

Whirlpool tub

I'm a master plumber. I've never used a Carver tub, so I can't really speak to the quality of them. But I did look at their web site, and the one thing I noticed is that they're air jet tubs as opposed to a typical "whirlpool" tub.

An air jet tub simply blows air up from the bottom of the tub whereas a whirlpool tub actually circulates (and sometimes heats) the water. You won't have a nice strong massaging water jet hitting your back, for instance. But the biggest advantage of the whirlpool tubs is the fact that they can also keep the water hot for as long as you want to stay in the tub (if you buy one that's equipped to do so). I don't believe there's an air jet tub that can do that.

Ishmael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 01:51 PM   #3
www.360flooring.com

Rewards Points: 10
Send a message via Skype™ to 360Flooring - Carver Tubs

Whirlpool tub

mathmom3 - I apologize that I had not seen this question until now... We have been making Carver bath tubs for over 20 years now, right here in our facility in Kansas City, MO. You found us online because we have quickly become the whirlpool & air massage bath tub of choice for builders across the country.

Ishmael was misinformed that we only supply air massage bath tubs. In fact we are able to custom build either a whilrpool, air massage or combination of both in any of our 26 tub models. Ishmael was right in his description of the air massage systems. Personally, I love the whirlpool tub massage more so than the air massage. That being said of our jetted tubs we sell approx 30% of them are air massage these days...

Please feel free to contact me directly with any questions you have about our Carver bath tubs or any other products we distribute through our website

Ishmael - I invite you to contact me if you'd like to discuss using our Carver bath tub line as your primary supplier for any size projects down the road.

Thanks for your time & again I apologize that I was delayed in coming across your question(s).

Ryan LeCluyse
360Flooring.com
1-866-592-8169 ext. 2
ryan@360flooring.com

Last edited by AtlanticWBConst.; 11-20-2008 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Site Rules Violation: Web Link Removed
360Flooring - Carver Tubs is offline   Reply With Quote