DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Plumbing (
-   -   What type of trap/drain is this? (

Maine1 01-02-2013 12:06 PM

What type of trap/drain is this?
5 Attachment(s)
I am trying to decide what type of trap/drain setup will work best for our kitchen sink. The drain will go straight down though the floor.

I was looking at our current setup in the rental house we are still in, it also goes in the floor and we have never had any trouble with it. It looks a little odd to me. I am no plumbing expert and cant find this configuration in any books I have.

Are those canister looking things the traps?

DannyT 01-02-2013 12:55 PM

they used an S-trap back then. most places don't allow them anymore.

Maine1 01-02-2013 01:31 PM

What type of trap is used with a drain in the floor setup?

joecaption 01-02-2013 01:45 PM

Any harware or box store will have them.
Old steel drain pipes, or supplys?
At some point there all going to leak, plug up and need to be replaced.
Any time I have to replace the old drians I cut out the wall and reroute them into the wall.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:53 PM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.