DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Plumbing (
-   -   What Type Of 4" Drain Pipe Is This & What 90 to Use (

hammerlane 07-31-2012 05:59 PM

What Type Of 4" Drain Pipe Is This & What 90 to Use
3 Attachment(s)
Take a look at the photos. This drain is to pick up water in a kind of swale and direct it out the other end of the patio. What type of pipe is this and what type of 90 do I need to get it to grade level after I backfill around patio. The OD of the pipe is about 4 & 3/16 inches

Thurman 07-31-2012 07:48 PM

Is that a "rubbery" type coating within the pipe? IF so, then I have seen, used something like that in a plant where we pumped "waste" chemical through it so that we could process the "waste". The PVC, if that is what the white piping is, could/would handle the corrosive chemical but the coating made it somewhat silent. Yes, it did make a noise when the pump kicked in to pump out the pit. This is a drain line for your use remember, NO pressure: Maybe find a PVC or DWV pipe that would fit inside this existing piping and glue it into place, then you should be able to find appropriate fittings to do what you want from there.

pardonme2711 07-31-2012 07:57 PM

never having seen a pipe like that i dont know if it possible to solvelent weld pvc to it. best best is a rubber boot made for 4inch pipe clamped to that then clamped to a stub of 4 inch pvc with a 90 glued to it.

jaydevries 07-31-2012 10:48 PM

that looks similar to hancor or ADS brand triple wall drainage pipe

TheEplumber 07-31-2012 11:02 PM

199 Attachment(s)
I looked on google (triple wall drain pipe)- Is this it?
Or this?
I've seen your pipe before on job sites but never worked with it.
Google had a few more listings for stores and manufacturers.
Appears that PVC DWV fittings will work. Not sure about glue though.

plumberinlaw 08-01-2012 04:46 AM

Polyethylene Triple Wall Solid Drainage Pipe. Right off the home depot website

hammerlane 08-01-2012 05:44 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Heres a close up. Looks like Hancor from Lowes.

hammerlane 08-01-2012 05:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Looks like Hancor makes a snap elbow or a tee that I can use to 90 up to grade level

hammerlane 08-01-2012 07:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Found some fittings online. The snap 90 then a surface inlet cover.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:12 AM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1