DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Plumbing (
-   -   what is this thing called? (

farag 07-25-2008 08:54 AM

what is this thing called?
I need a pipe fitting - similar to an elbow fitting - that needs to be welded on. I found a picture on a foreign website, but i can't order from there and i need to know what it is called in english, so i can find it on the web.
Any help?

Alan 07-25-2008 09:17 AM

I have never seen anything like that in my entire life. :huh:

Is that for water supply? It doesn't look like it would be an 'approved fitting' as required by code, but I've been wrong before....

DangerMouse 07-28-2008 06:54 AM

that looks like it's made from automotive exhaust tubing....(note side welds) have you tried AUTOZONE? is this a plumbing piece? for what? welded where to what? hard to imagine it's for plumbing.....(you DID post in the plumbing section)


Big Bob 07-28-2008 07:57 AM

LOL.. sure looks like a tail pipe... Is this plumbing project in a Volkswagon?

Won't be the first time somebody made something work.

mstplumber 07-28-2008 08:36 PM

It looks like some type of saddle fitting. This is a fitting that is designed to be welded onto a pipe after the pipe is cut out to match the footprint of the fitting. It certainly looks too thin to be a plumbing fitting. A little more info about size and application would help ID this.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:22 PM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.