DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Plumbing (
-   -   What is this spigot? (

TipplerPigeon 10-31-2012 02:13 PM

What is this spigot?
Looking to replace this at my folks house because of a leak. Have no clue to what this would be used for. I figure I would replace it with a regular spigot but perhaps this may be useful for something else?

TheEplumber 10-31-2012 02:41 PM

Have you confirmed it's potable water?
It maybe a stub for a sprinkler system. Are you by any chance in a warm climate?

joecaption 10-31-2012 02:44 PM

Open it up and see what come out of it.

ddawg16 10-31-2012 03:01 PM


Originally Posted by joecaption (Post 1041826)
Open it up and see what come out of it.

The 'adventure' in you is showing......

On a postive eplumber noted.....might be for a sprinkler least they used a ball valve....and the end looks to be a standard 3/4" to 1/2" reducer for copper pipe.

TipplerPigeon 10-31-2012 03:25 PM

Yes we are in a warm climate, Phoenix ish, AZ. Sprinkler system is in ground. Water comes out.

Jackofall1 10-31-2012 03:50 PM

Put a regular spigot on there. Who knows what the installer was thinking on that one.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:15 PM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1