What Is This Elbow Called? - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing


Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2011, 04:15 AM   #1
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4
Rewards Points: 10

What is this elbow called?

This is part of my aquarium's sump.
I was wondering if there is a alternative for the black 90 elbow with barb connection. It has kind of o ring that fits perfectly inside the "bulkhead". and the other part secure it.

Instead of bard connection I am looking for MPT or FPT type elbow( like the white parts in image). So I can connect it screw it directly to a PVC pipe.

I want to call some pluming suppliers but not sure what is it called. What should I ask or search for?

thank you


seavash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 06:38 AM   #2
Lightfoot's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: ky
Posts: 422
Rewards Points: 272

I would take it with me to the plumbing supply place and see if they have anything that would work. They would know simply by looking at it.


Last edited by Lightfoot; 08-09-2011 at 06:42 AM.
Lightfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:59 AM   #3
DIY Hack
Mr Chips's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Location, Location
Posts: 1,306
Rewards Points: 506

Looks like a 90 degree swivel drain connector to me
Those who can, do...
Those who can't criticize on the internet
Mr Chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:31 AM   #4
Doing it myself
Alan's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Crescent City, CA
Posts: 3,798
Rewards Points: 2,086
Send a message via AIM to Alan Send a message via MSN to Alan

Can you take off the part that is still attached to the bulkhead?

If you can, why don't you just buy a different style of bulkhead fitting?
Journeyman Plumber
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:23 PM   #5
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,344
Rewards Points: 1,216

Buy a straight bulkhead fitting and install your own ell on it. Like the other one in the picture.
COLDIRON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 05:51 PM   #6
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4
Rewards Points: 10

Hello everyone and thanks for your help.

your help was wonderful, I have called few plumer supply and they might have the replacement part, also the idea of changing whole bulkhead was great

I will update you guys


seavash is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Leak from water supply line & inlet elbow in newly installed dishwasher jrinco11 Plumbing 7 09-22-2010 07:39 PM
Need irregular pvc elbow huai Plumbing 8 08-06-2010 11:17 AM
Need advice on fixing a leaky elbow on waterline below sink. JeffWireman Plumbing 2 03-12-2010 11:39 AM
I Called a Plumber, Now I really need Help! kswoot Plumbing 8 10-14-2008 07:57 PM
Connecting air cleaner to return air elbow jdelisle HVAC 1 07-10-2008 05:44 AM

Top of Page | View New Posts


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1