What Connector Attaches To The Air Compressor To Winterize A House - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing


Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2011, 10:18 PM   #1
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1
Rewards Points: 10

What connector attaches to the air compressor to Winterize a house

Is there a particular adapter used to connect the air compressor to the outside spigot for blowing out the plumbing lines then turning all the water valves off in the house and pressure testing the pipes for 20 minutes to confirm it holds pressure and there are no leaks. The adapter i imagine would screw onto the outside spigot like a hose would and then attach to the air compressor hose with a quick connect. Any help would be greatly appreciated.



smmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:09 AM   #2
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 57
Rewards Points: 75

Fastest way, go to home depot tell the guy what you want to do and they will give your the parts.


Adam_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:33 AM   #3
TheEplumber's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: North Idaho
Posts: 9,926
Rewards Points: 818

I would hook to the washer box. Put your gauge on the hot outlet and compressor on the cold. When you hit the pressure you want, close the cold valve and watch the gauge.
As far as fittings go, take Adam-M's advice
TheEplumber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 04:36 PM   #4
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Nashua, NH, USA
Posts: 7,966
Rewards Points: 1,538

Putting the gauge on one of the ports of the washer box only works with two handle (one for hot, one for cold) washer boxes. Otherwise turning off a single handle cuts the gauge out of the system.

You just need a garden hose fitting to screw onto the spigot.
The good conscientious technician or serviceperson will carry extra oils and lubricants in case the new pump did not come with oil or the oil was accidentally spilled, so the service call can be completed without an extra visit.
AllanJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 05:15 PM   #5
Household Handyman
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Albany, Ga.
Posts: 2,478
Rewards Points: 1,408

You need a "3/4" FGHT x 1/4" FNPT (or FPT) threade fitting. That's 3/4" Female Garden Hose Thread x 1/4" Female National Pipe Thread fitting. Most likely will be brass also. This should be available at apron stores and ACE hardware(s). Just screw the fitting onto the hose bibb, then screw on a 1/4" MPT x 1/4" air line nipple into this, connect your air hose, VOILA. This is provided you DO NOT have BPD's on your hose bibb's. If so, back up and punt. The washing machine bibb's are the better choice.
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote

air compressor adapters , plumbing services , winterize

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My house's previous owner - DIY horror stories Leah Frances General DIY Discussions 153 01-21-2016 07:18 PM
Connecting main house to guest house... hlavine Building & Construction 31 03-28-2012 09:04 AM
replumbing an old house simonfrog Plumbing 7 01-30-2012 04:45 AM
Trane XR12 1.5 ton-Too small for my house? Badfish740 HVAC 7 09-23-2009 05:48 AM
I have Central Heating & Air, but house won't cool down..HELP!! exiledone1 HVAC 13 07-10-2009 10:09 PM

Top of Page | View New Posts


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1