Well Problems - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-01-2008, 09:52 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Well Problems

When I turn on an outdoor spigot the pressure on my well pump drops quickly (there is a gauge on the pump) and the pump can't keep up eventually tripping the automatic shut off when the tank runs dry. The pump doesn't seem to have volume problems (I can turn on the shower, sink and flush without a decrease in pressure) other than when I use the outdoor spigot.

It seems to me that the pump is not drawing enough water from the well, but I could be wrong. What should I be looking for/what can I try to make see if it is a problem with the well or the system?

Advertisement

bryan.fleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:27 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,000

Well Problems

Strange situation since the spigots should be running off the same line as the rest of the houses fixtures. Can you trace down the line(s) to the spigot and where they originate in contrast to the rest of the house plumbing supply line(s)? I am thinking (and this may not even be possible) that maybe they ran much larger lines to the spigot than the rest of the house lines.

Advertisement