Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-13-2006, 06:21 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Weeping tile fittings..

Hello, wondering if anyone can help. The house I am in has no drain tile around the outside but it does have a sump pump in the crawlspace. Pump failed once.. what a mess. I want to put tile around the house, have a line coming from under the house (slope in the crawlspace so water drains to this line) and drain it out to the nearby creek which is quite lower than the house. I don't want water under the house going to the sump but gravity out to the creek. What I was wondering is, I know there are t's but is there a fitting that can take tile coming in 3 sides and one out - I will probably go solid out to the creek? This fitting will have to sit just below my concrete footing. Any ideas. thanks.

Mswalleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 07:15 PM   #2

Weeping tile fittings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mswalleye
I want to put tile around the house, have a line coming from under the house (slope in the crawlspace so water drains to this line) and drain it out to the nearby creek which is quite lower than the house. I don't want water under the house going to the sump but gravity out to the creek. What I was wondering is, I know there are t's but is there a fitting that can take tile coming in 3 sides and one out - I will probably go solid out to the creek? This fitting will have to sit just below my concrete footing. Any ideas. thanks.
How much lower is the creek compared to the lowest part of the crawl space?

4 sided fitting would be a cross fitting.

How far away from the house does your downspouts discharge the water from the roof?

It is better to keep the water from getting into the crawlspace first.

Have all your downspouts connected to drain lines that direct the water directly to the creek.

redline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 09:16 PM   #3

Weeping tile fittings..

Thanks for the reply, creek is going to be about 8 feet below the outlet from the house. Problem was there was no drainage tile around the place and it was backfilled with clay which shrunk and resulted in a big crack along the foundation walls. Plus the plastic on the outside only went to the footing so... when it rained, down the crack it would go to the footing and under the house. We couldn't find the cross fitting around here so opted for a T and then a Y, two sides of drain tile into the T, the T to the Y and underneath the house to the Y ... hope my problem is solved.

I seen once on ebay someone was selling an economical alarm for a sump pump in the even the pump failed the alarm would sound when water reached a certain point. Went to buy it but it was already sold... any idea where a person could get something like that?

thank you for your time..
Mswalleye is offline   Reply With Quote