Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-11-2013, 02:47 PM   #1

Share |

Water pump Tray?

Hey guys!

I am moving my water pump and pressure tank from the small "pump house" they are in now to the (new) basement of our cottage. Does anyone make a big "drain pan" I could mount under the pump and tank, so when I drain the system in the Winter I don't spill water all over the floor?

The old pumps house sat on PT skids and I just let it drain through them, can't do that inside. Would like to find one I could attach a garden hose to and then drain into my sump. Thanks!
Michael

n2omichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:47 PM   #2
Retired Army Veteran

Water pump Tray?

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2omichael View Post
Hey guys!

I am moving my water pump and pressure tank from the small "pump house" they are in now to the (new) basement of our cottage. Does anyone make a big "drain pan" I could mount under the pump and tank, so when I drain the system in the Winter I don't spill water all over the floor?

The old pumps house sat on PT skids and I just let it drain through them, can't do that inside. Would like to find one I could attach a garden hose to and then drain into my sump. Thanks!
Michael
I don't know of any big water trays. They sell water heater trays at lowes/HD, etc. But I don't think they will be big enough for what you want.

Just a suggestion, you could easily make your own out of plastic or metal. They sell empty plastic and metal drums (15-55gal new & used). You could cut them in half and install a water hose spigot at the bottom for drainage. Just a thought. May even find some free ones at your county's recycle center. I'm sure someone close to your vincinity might have one laying around.

15-55 gallon plastic/metal drums

Last edited by jmon; 07-11-2013 at 09:54 PM. Reason: added link
jmon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:04 PM   #3

Water pump Tray?

Check with your HVAC service company. They should be able to get you a secondary drain pan that is used for under HVAC equipment placed above ceilings. These pans can be fairly large (rectangular) and should work for what you're looking to do.
old_squid is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to old_squid For This Useful Post:
jmon (07-11-2013), TheEplumber (07-11-2013)
Old 07-11-2013, 10:40 PM   #4
Water Treatment

Water pump Tray?

Why not build a table that is about 6" off the floor and put the pressure tank and pump on the table so that a hose can be attached to the pressure tank drain valve easier and then a oil pan for under the car under the table for when you un do the fittings from the jet pump?
Akpsdvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:49 AM   #5

Water pump Tray?

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...rain&FORM=IGRE
Old 07-12-2013, 02:12 PM   #6

Water pump Tray?

Indeed a tray because the pump itself has fittings in it that have to be removed and drained which are impossible to hook a drain hose to, so, I need something to drain everything in.

The HVAC/washing machine tray looks like it would work will DEFINATELY look into those, thanks guys!

Michael

n2omichael is offline   Reply With Quote