Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-29-2011, 06:04 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Question

water line connections to valves

i quess my question is probably a simple fix for some but, i am a real newbie to plumbling i can solder copper and run vents set shower pans etc. although when it comes to hooking it all together iam kinda lost.what iam trying to do is turn a garage into a play room with a bathroom, this means i have to run the drains to the house and try to get my water from the house. i have all the copper put together,coming from the house what is the best method to get hot and cold lines to the garage? and what type of line ? hope this isnt to vage. thanks

Last edited by mike preston; 03-30-2011 at 12:38 AM. Reason: hard to explain the situation
mike preston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 06:26 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,020

Welcome! Name, rank, and serial number are not required here, but... a little more information would be good.

DexterII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:44 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 1,020

Mike, I am probably not the guy to answer your questions, so just trying to help you get some helpful information posted, so... Is this an attached garage? If so, would you be coming through a wall, from a basement, etc? If not, what is the distance from the house to the garage? Where are you located, or, more specifically, is feezing a concern? I assume not if it will become a play room, but what about the runs in between? How far are you from existing supply lines, waste lines, and vent stacks? Again, I probably will not be the guy to answer some of your specific questions, but just trying to help you get some details posted, in order for someone to be able to provide some input.
DexterII is offline   Reply With Quote