Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-03-2010, 07:47 PM   #1

Share |

water leaks from vent pipe

I have been having plumbing issues with my kitchen sink,i have a dishwasher and a garbage disposal hooked to it.Well my sink every couple of months gets backed up.well i usually block one side of the sink off and turn the garbage disposal on with hot water for a few minutes and it usually starts to flow again,but this time water is leaking out the vent pipe and the drain is still backing up.What do i do now?

jasonmein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:39 PM   #2

water leaks from vent pipe

First repair the spot it is leaking out the vent pipe unless you are talking about a Studor vent.

Hot water and the garbage disposal is my first step second is a snake you can get from a big box store that attaches to a drill... You can also get it cheaper at Harbor Freight and for the occasional use it is fine. You need to figure out what is causing the leak... Is it Grease or are you putting the wrong thing in the Disposal. Depending how far you are to the main from your kitchen you can wrap a rag around the tip to force what ever it is into the main.

Docwhitley is offline   Reply With Quote