Water Hydrant - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-05-2012, 03:23 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

water hydrant

we bought a new house and 2 of the 3 outside water hydrants work fine. the third has never been used, but when we turn it on...no water. we've unscrewed it from the ground and water shoots up,...so water is getting to it,...but something is stopping it...is there something we need to do to it to initiate the water thru it for the first time?

Advertisement

gvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 03:56 PM   #2
Retired from the grind

Rewards Points: 2,502

water hydrant

There should be a screw to adjust, so that you can allow the shaft to pull the seal off of the seat. Post a picture and any info on the hydrant. You can usually get replacements at any farm & home center.

Advertisement

Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Ren: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool! Stimpy: So what'll happen? Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?
gregzoll is offline   Reply With Quote