Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-19-2012, 01:07 PM   #1

Share |

Water Heater Replaced, Now no HW pressure in Kitchen

Hello,

I'm looking for opinions here. I had a plumber install a new water heater, now there isn't much hot water pressure in the kitchen sink. I called him, and he suggested checking the Aerator. I did that, and it doesn't seem to be the problem. Cold water works just fine.

When we last spoke, he said if the aerator wasn't the problem to give him a call and we'd schedule someone to come out and look at it.

So here's my question - should he charge me to come out and fix the water pressure? This was fine before we had the hot water heater installed. I'm guessing he'll argue this problem would happen no matter what, and it wasn't his fault that something was disloged, moved up the pipe and caused the blockage.

I don't know enough about plumbing to want to argue this point, and I'm not looking for free work to be done, unless this is typical follow-up for a water heater installation. Just wondering what the ettiquette is here....

Thanks for any opinions.

LakeShoreLtd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:26 PM   #2

It sounds like they might not have turned the the water valve all the way open at the hot water heater when they finished the install. Either that or the valve has failed

Centex2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:31 PM   #3

Sorry, hit wrong button before I finished. I wouldn't think this would be a typical follow up , since they should have tested the water pressure before they left. If they had they would have noticed the pressure was lower than it should have been. I definitely would question it.
Centex2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:07 AM   #4

Something dislodged and moving up the pipe is a strong possibility.

The shutoff valve under the sink is a good place for something to get stuck. (Someone with experience may be able to disassemble the shutoff valve and possibly get a foreign object out.)
Old 06-20-2012, 07:26 AM   #5

something is between the wall shut off under the sink and the spigot solder ball rust.that is why cold works and the hot is pushing the item up when the hot is used.disconnect the line into the faucet assembly tap it something will drop out..also flush the valve under that sink into a bucket to verify pressure is there.
biggles is offline   Reply With Quote