Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing


Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-29-2010, 03:57 PM   #1
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1
Rewards Points: 10

water hammer

When flushing the toilet in my master bathroom I hear a clancking noise in my wall just as the toilet finishes filling up. I am thinking it is water hammer and should install a hammer arrester but just want some other opinions. If I should install this device where would the best place be to install it? Thanks

NavyChief41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 05:10 PM   #2
Licensed Master Plumber
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 476
Rewards Points: 250

water hammer

It probably is water hammer. Try changing the fill valve to something like a fluidmaster 400. The only place a hammer arrestor would do any good is right at the shutoff valve and you won't get one to fit in that space.

Always ask to see your contractors license!
NHMaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Water Hammer After Toilet Flush Covey582 Plumbing 13 11-15-2012 08:20 PM
big time water hammer Steelhead Plumbing 2 10-22-2009 08:34 PM
Hot water pipe making scary noises - Please help!!! Sarah24 Plumbing 4 12-16-2008 10:24 AM
(Water Heater MYSTERY) Hot water out from dead tank with cold water in it? Inayity Plumbing 6 07-14-2008 08:36 PM

Top of Page | View New Posts

Copyright © 2003-2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.