Water Filtration System - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-16-2011, 08:49 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Water Filtration System

Hello all!

We're getting ready for major house renovation this year and I'm looking into installing a water filtration system for the entire house. The water in our town is bit hard so I figured water filtration system will do the trick and soften the water.
I'm new to this and if you could point me to the right direction where I can start researching the subject I would really appreciated.

- what's the most important feature / spec / etc... I should look into when selecting the right system for us?

- are there any different systems available? By different system I mean different technology not different brands. Example would be gas, hybrid and electric cars. Each technology is very different with cons and pros.

- what are the best brands?

We live in Northern New Jersey.

Thanks for all your input.
Jim

Advertisement

draku007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:50 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,000

Water Filtration System

My first suggestion is to have your water tested. Get it done by a lab rather than through a dealer or pool place. The lab gives you the test results and you give them the money. Now you're done with them.

Armed with the results go to a couple of different dealers and get quotes from them. I'd stay away from the big box places as their stuff is pretty generic.

I can't speak as to what brands you have where you are but I firmly believe you'll get better quality going to places that specialize in water filtration.

Advertisement

VIPlumber is offline   Reply With Quote