Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-24-2013, 06:43 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 75

water from the center of a shower head

Guys - having some trouble and looking for guidance.

A couple of months ago I purchased and had installed what I think is a good quality Hansgrohe shower system, the Croma Green Showerpipe. Initially, it worked just as it should - but I noticed after a few weeks, a heavy drip coming from the center of the rainhead shower head. The drip would only occur when the shower was on, it stopped as soon as you turned it off. It didn't initially bother me, but the drip has gotten faster over the last few weeks, and has now become a fairly constant stream of water - again, only when the shower is in use. It detracts from the shower, as it is a lower pressure stream, and heavier then the flow from the regular shower spouts.

I took a look up close at the area while the shower was not in use - the very center of the shower head appears to have a star shaped screw in it. The water must be coming around that screw. I have the right size screw driver bit, so i thought perhaps it was lose - I went to give it a turn, but it only moved very slightly, it wasn't particularly lose, and i didn't want to force it tightly should i cause any damage. The sligth turn i made didn't impact performance, and it continues to flow water from the center of the shower head.

Does anyone have any thoughts over why this would happen and what my possible cause of resolution might be? It was an expensive system to purchase, so I'm expecting it should perform better.

thanks,
Matt

mmhendrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:27 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 250

I think you might have a bit of garbage inside the showerhead.

I'd probably loosen the screw, take it apart, clean it, and put it back together.

Unless: you says it was fairly new. Check to see if doing so voids your warranty.

If so, you could screw in a temporary showerhead while that one is sent back, or whatever warranty requires.

RoyalAcresRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:21 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 75

thanks - that did it!
mmhendrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:29 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 250

Glad to hear it! I always seem very capable of dislodging some mung and causing what happened to you when I decide to do some plumbing work ...
RoyalAcresRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:01 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 1,510

I hope you did not let us down and forget to show the plumbing butt crack...
Ghostmaker is online now   Reply With Quote