Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-05-2009, 10:59 AM   #1

Share |

water backing up in my tub

I own a mobile home but rent the land that it is on. We run off of septic system. Not even a month ago I called the manager cause water was backing up in my tub and toilet was not flushing properly. they sent someone out to pump out the tank and i had no problems after. We here we are once again water is coming up my bathroom drain. I was not running washer or dishwasher. Now let me inform you this is a bathtub in my bathroom that we do not use do to the fact it needs a new drain. I had to turn the main water off to my home because when I have it on water just backs up into the tub. this is the only place in the home i am having problems. Not to mention when the water is coming up it is spitting this white putty like stuff up with it...

I need help does anyone know what this is or what is going on?

Last edited by jjenn84; 04-05-2009 at 11:16 AM.
jjenn84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 11:07 AM   #2

Bump!!!!
Old 04-05-2009, 11:19 AM   #3

Someone has to know what is going on... I have 3 kids i need an explanation.. and I can't keep runnin goutside to turn the water on and off every time we need to do something.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:46 AM   #4

You had to turn the water main off to keep others in the house from using water that will just backup in the tub? or will it backup without running the water if the main is on?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
plumber Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 12:17 PM   #5

I had to turn the water off because while it is on it is running up my bath tub drain and filling the tub up with water. No one is using the water in the house at all.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:32 PM   #6

You must have a toilet running.

Old 04-05-2009, 12:34 PM   #7

Either the running water has caused the the septic to get full again and maybe saturate the leach field or you have a clogged line. Time to call the people you rent the lot from.

Old 04-05-2009, 12:35 PM   #8

no toilet problem. Me toilet problem was fixed a few months ago. My toilet will not flush properly now. I had this problem last month and they pumped out the septic saying that there was a back up some how.. and it all stopped now it is doing it again. Could there be something backed up in those pipes somewhere?
Old 04-05-2009, 12:37 PM   #9

I did call they will be here Monday.i just talked to a neighbor and he said he had the same problem. They eventually had to put in new septics cause the ones that we have are to small and run new lines. he has not had a problem since then.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:37 PM   #10

we have had alot of rain you think that could have made it full again
Old 04-05-2009, 12:54 PM   #11

It could have made the leach field so wet that the water from the septic won't leech into the soil. I'm not an expert on septic systems though. Are you the only unit hooked up to that septic? If no then see if the other people are having problems. If you are the only one then the drain may also be clogged leading to the septic. do you have a cleanout outside? a pipe about 4" with a cap or plug you can remove?

Old 04-05-2009, 12:59 PM   #12

no.. we are sharing with the mobile home next to us. each have like 5 people in each house and the tanks are way to small. I don't see were i would have a place to clean it out. These things are just thrown together around here you can't find anything.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:06 PM   #13

are the people in the next mobile home backing up aswell? if not then if they flush does it come up in your tub?

Old 04-05-2009, 01:11 PM   #14

That is what was happening last time... and the way we figured that out was it only happen every now and then... but now its to the point to were i can't have running water to my house without it coming in my tub.

I sat and watched with the super straw truck came out to clean out the septic they only pumped it from one side.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:16 PM   #15

Same question. is the mobile home next door backed up too? or is this just a problem with your unit?