Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-28-2011, 03:54 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Washer drain clogged

Washer drain clogged between washer and main sewer liner. He could not get is snake to go beyond the P Trap.It sounder like it was trying to bore a hole through the PVC Pipe. After numerous attempts none of his therories work and concluded that inasmuch as the waster was draining slowely that the verical air vent was not letting the pipe drain properly. I have already spent over $200. And the drai pipe is still like was whe he first arrived. Any help PLEASE. I think I will go buy my own quality snake and see if I have better luck.. Love to hear from any and all. Thanks from SC.

Denzil Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:39 AM   #2
Civil Engineer

Rewards Points: 2,080

Washer drain clogged

I don't know who he is, enlighten us please. Why don't you remove the P trap and start snaking downstream from it.

Daniel Holzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:04 AM   #3
JOATMON

Rewards Points: 2,306

Washer drain clogged

Most newer dishwashers have a chopper in front of the draim pump. The chopper is basically a disk with holes in that chops up the food off the dishes. I would be willing to bet that the shaft for the chopper broke or the drain inlet in your dishwasher is blocked.

Get the model # off the inside of the door and look up the manual on the internet. Almost all the info you need is available....as well as any parts.

My 2-Story Addition Build in Progress Link ... My Garage Build Link and My Jeep Build Link
ddawg16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 02:00 PM   #4
Retired carpenter

Rewards Points: 250

Washer drain clogged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Holzman View Post
I don't know who he is, enlighten us please.
If he charged over $200, he has to be a plumber!

I think we are talking about a clothes washer, but those have the trap on the hose, not on the plumbing. Maybe it drains into a sink?

If someone who charges $200 for a visit cannot get to the plug, either the OP hired a charlatan, or he is out of luck.
abracaboom is offline   Reply With Quote