Wall Mount Toilet - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-09-2007, 02:44 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 250

Wall mount toilet

I am going to install a bathroom in the basement for my four year old and I am thinking about a wall mount toilet. I want to install this bathroom directly behind an existing bathroom. I am thinking wall mount toilet because I do not think jackhammering would be to easy. The wall is weight bearing and the concrete is pretty thick under the wall and the pipes are pretty deep. I built the house myself and if I remember right the pipes are about 2 feet underground. I have the main house drain ( 3 inch pipe ) coming down in a good place I could access ( the pipe to the left). The question is how hard are they to install. I here one person say no problem then another say they are very hard. I am pretty handy I have built a few houses and was in construction for 10 years. I live in a small community so when you are a carpenter you frame, pour concrete, roof, plumb, do electric work ( sh don't tell the inspector), finish work, basically you are a jack of all trades and a master of none. I have no experience with wall mount toilets Ya I've sat on a few but can I install one and where can I go to get more info. The cost does not bother me. Just want to do it right.

Advertisement

warnerww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 03:47 PM   #2
Journeyman Plumber

Rewards Points: 1,000

Wall mount toilet

There not easy to install, measurement have to be dead on, requires a carrier bracket, I have not done one myself, you will need to find info and read up on the rough-in on them, it will cost.

Advertisement

2008 Oregon Specialty Plumbing Codes
Ron The Plumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 05:45 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 1,000

Wall mount toilet

like ron said they aren't easy. they used to make a rear outlet toilet that sat on the floor like a regular toilet but discharged out the back. you might look into one of those. the carrier for the wallmount toilets isnt cheap and the rear outlet toilet isnt that much more then a regular toilet, at least they didnt used to be.

http://www.lowes.com/webapp/wcs/stor...Bowl%204327-96

http://www.efaucets.com/detail.asp?P..._-111.255.00.1
DannyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:01 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 10

Wall mount toilet

I am a plumbing designer, and with the plethora of styles and sizes of closet carriers available, there will certainly be one that will suit your need. Get a floor mounted carrier that you can simply drill & sleeve the slab for. And if you want to rearrange the existing toilet so it will be back to back with the new one, then buy a back to back carrier. Between Jay R Smith and Watts alone, you're certain to find what you need. Send a plan sketch of the wall and room to whatever vendor you choose, and they will be happy to hook you up. Once the carrier's in and the toilets are hung, you take the toilets back off, place the drywall over the all thread and you're pretty much done. If you built your own house, I think you have what it takes to pull off a wall mounted toilet and closet carrier installation.
wspier is offline   Reply With Quote