Wall Mount, Low Boy: Parts Help Needed - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-24-2009, 10:30 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Wall Mount, Low Boy: Parts Help Needed

Now that "Just Bill" helped identify the toilet, I could use some help identifying the parts . . . to both order new ones *and* to make sure I get it connected right.

What is the part circled in red in the picture? And what does it do? Is it supposed to be connected to something? (I may have disconnected it without knowing what I was doing.)

And what about the part in the blue oval? Is that too much slack? If so, how can it be adjusted?

Thanks in advance!

John
Attached Images

Advertisement

story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 12:42 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

You might luck out and find someone here that can assist you in finding a source, but your best bet is to find the best plumbing specialty supply store in your area and take them the picture that you posted here. Old stuff can sure be a challenge!!!

Advertisement

Termite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 01:55 PM   #3

So, it's hard enough just to say what those two parts actually *do*. Wow. Maybe toilets are more complicated than I thought! Hopefully someone here will be able to say, "Sure, the red-circle thing is _____ and you adjust the blue-oval by doing ___."
Old 07-26-2009, 08:56 PM   #4

I think the blue oval is a linkage attached to the active water pressure valve. I'm guessing this toilet doesn't flush by gravity alone, but by the handle opening the water valve, which sends pressurized water into the bowl.

I'm also guessing that the linkage I've circled in blue needs to be re-connected to the handle rod. If re-connected, when you flush the toilet, you not only pull up the plunger, but you open the water pressure valve . . . allowing water to jet into the bowl.

This is just a guess.

john
Old 07-26-2009, 09:06 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by story View Post
So, it's hard enough just to say what those two parts actually *do*. Wow. Maybe toilets are more complicated than I thought! Hopefully someone here will be able to say, "Sure, the red-circle thing is _____ and you adjust the blue-oval by doing ___."
Picking up your sarcasm.

That's the Model T Ford of toilets you've got there. Toilets aren't complicated, but your is obviously older than what most folks have worked on before and the parts bear little in common to anything installed in the last 50 years. That's why 12 people haven't jumped in to help you.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:47 PM   #6

No, no. That honestly *wasn't* sarcastic! I was simply surprised that it was hard to simply I.D. certain parts.

I *do* get it, though, that the toilet is very old and much different than they make now. It's unfortunate, since toilets are expensive . . . and I'm really hoping to get this one to work without calling in a plumber.

Darn!

john
Old 07-27-2009, 01:01 AM   #7

Cool. Have you given any thought to paying a visit to a supply house in your area? With that picture in hand to go off of they really might be able to help!
Old 07-27-2009, 02:09 AM   #8

Rewards Points: 25

Maybe a Moen but it looks a lot like a Case.

http://www.plumbingstore.com/informa...e_toilets.html

We have two model 1000's in this house. The flapper valve controls the main flush but that valve with the loose link supplies water to the rim jets.

Notice how the link you have hanging in your pic is attached to the lever controlled by the flush handle in mine. It looks like that may also keep the lever from dropping, taking up the slack with the link to the rod that lifts the tank ball.

Good Luck! If you need more pics, let me know.
KeithM62948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 02:26 AM   #9

Rewards Points: 25

Found your first post & the link to additional pics -- I'm 99% sure you've got a Case 3000 there. Here's a 'fan' site:

http://www.ferrythecat.com/case_toilet.htm

Googling Case toilets will lead you to repair parts, but they don't come cheap!

Take pride that you have the "Cadillac" of toilets!!

Advertisement

KeithM62948 is offline   Reply With Quote