DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Vessel Sink Drain Problem

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Alan 
#1 ·
We have just had a vessel sink installed, by a plumber and it drains very slow. It has a pop up drain. The plumber said that those sinks are just for show. I have seen and used a lot of these and they worked fine. Any help would be appreciated. Oh, and it is vented, but I have seen something about a vent around the p- trap.

#4 ·
no probs, what type of vent is it? if it's an air admitance valve you can disconnect it and see if the discharge improves, if it does it should be the vent, check the trap for blockages, run a hose in the discharge pipe to check if the water gets away through the pipe. basically just work your way downstream til you find the problem.

#7 ·
Every one that I have installed works just as you are describing it.

There is one particular popup drain that we have found that makes it drain like a regular sink.

Think about this : What happens when you use a regular bathroom lavatory? Drains good? It has an overflow, that helps let the airlock out of it. Your vessel doesn't have one of these does it?

Try swirling your finger around the drain when it starts going slow OR unscrew the part of the popup that you push up and down, and i bet it'll go down just fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.