DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Plumbing (
-   -   Vertical float switch for a flotec sump pump (

Kimp 02-23-2009 06:00 PM

Vertical float switch for a flotec sump pump
I am currently on my third(3rd) new switch in the past three years! It is very frustrating having to change these switches all of the time. I have a backup sump pump, but I just want the primary one to work. I have been in my home over 15 years--is it time for new pump, and which one should I buy? I don't want any more problems with switches..

plumbbum0203 02-23-2009 07:53 PM

time to replace pump
You should just replace the pump with a new one. A great brand to buy would be a Zoeller mighty mate they are a cast iron body heavy duty pump.
they are easy to install and reliable. You can check your local plumbing supply house. these generally are not found at big box stores. The float is on the side and wont hang up like a tethered float. they also have a 1 1/2 inch discharge. I hope this info helps:thumbsup:

Kimp 02-24-2009 10:17 AM

Thanks Plumbbum! I will take your advise, and I will let you know how it works out! Kimp

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:12 PM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1