Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-13-2013, 06:47 PM   #1

Share |
Question

Venting utility sink pump

I have a basement utility sink that also collects washer discharge and uses a pump to eject drainage to the sewer line.

I don't have access to a standard vent, so I tried running the pump with a studor vent, but of course that doesn't work well because it doesn't let air out so water can drain into the pump box. (In fact it won't work at all except for a 1/8" pinhole I drilled in the vent pipe just below the studor vent.)

I've seen these things arranged with a vent line run back up the sink with a 180 elbow over the sink edge. Is that generally code compliant and non-problematic?

I don't have one now, but if I add a backflow check valve in the ejection line seems like I couldn't get sewer gas or backup due to the venting.

dbooksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:31 PM   #2

Venting utility sink pump

If your only waste water is grey water. Washer and laundry tray no toilet discharge then remove the AAV and just take it up to the rafter and turn it down with 2 90 bends.

That's what we allow here.

Ghostmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ghostmaker For This Useful Post:
dbooksta (06-13-2013)