Venting A Toilet - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-17-2011, 02:13 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Venting a toilet

Hello,
I'm in the process of finishing my basement, and when the house was built about 10 years ago, the basement was roughed in for a bathroom.
The question I have is I got a lot of pipes sticking up from the floor and I want to make sure that the pipes I want to use for the bathroom sink and toilet are correct and that they can be vented properly.
If you look at the pictures http://picasaweb.google.com/rfox264/...eat=directlink I have two pipes coming up through the floor, one for the toilet, and one for a shower...I believe. I would like to use the one for a toilet and cutoff the one marked for a shower. The one pipe that the toilet feeds into goes to the wall and is stubbed up about a foot. I would like to install a T and use this pipe for a sink drain, and extend it up and out for the toilet vent...if that's possible??
Any thoughts?
Thanks!

Advertisement

Itchbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:35 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 626

Venting a toilet

Yes, it looks possible to use a sanitary tee and tie a vanity into the vent for the toilet. This vent would continue up and be a wet vent for the lav and the toilet.

You are going to abandon the shower?

Advertisement

Anti-wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 06:27 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Venting a toilet

Thanks Anti-wingnut!
No, I'm not going to put the shower in because its stubbed up where I'm going to put the bedroom. I'll just cut it off flush to the floor and plug it.
Thanks!
Itchbo is offline   Reply With Quote