Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-02-2013, 02:11 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 75

venting laundry and bath together in new construction

m working on an addition that will have a bathroom and laundry room side by side, sharing a common interior NLB wall. I'm planning this as a wet wall and plan on lining up most of the fixtures against it -- shower, toilet and sink on the bathroom side (the tub will be across the room -- may require a separate vent?), and sink and washing machine standpipe on the laundry side. Im concerned about venting tho with both a toilet and washing machine on the same circuit? I've read about dry and wet venting, combination venting and circuit venting, and it appears that the circuit venting is the way to go with both toilet and washing machine together? does it matter where in the circuit these fixtures are? one problem I face is getting the vent to the roof -- the wet wall is on the ground floor with open floor space above so I need to run the vent up on the outside wall at the intersection of the interior wet wall. thanks!

yellowkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:33 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,486

venting laundry and bath together in new construction

What code does your state follow? Could you perhaps make a fixture layout with distance. We will also need where your going to tie in enters at and it's pipe size.

Get me that and I will help if it is international code.

Ghostmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ghostmaker For This Useful Post:
Javiles (09-03-2013), plummen (09-03-2013)