Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-06-2011, 07:31 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Vent Pipe

I am a true DIY'er and am always frustrated by the wide variety of answers I get during a project. I like to do things right the first time and appreciate all good advise.

I have a house built in 1950 and for some reason only have one vent pipe in the whole house; this being in the main hallway bath. I have a 1/2 bath in the master and am in the process of adding a tub to this bathroom. I am completely gutting the room for the second time and thought i should ask about a vent for this toilet, sink and tub. Is a vent pipe necessary since I don't think this bath ever had one. The waste pipe from the Kitchen, master bath all travel to and past the hallway bath where the vent pipe is located.

Is this one vent pipe sufficient due to it's location?

camel604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 08:06 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 500

Vent Pipe

every drain needs a vent. whether or not you need additional venting depends on how far away from the vent your fixtures are and what code your state/city uses. some pics and a location will help us answer better

the_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 08:19 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 2,000

Vent Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by camel604 View Post
I am a true DIY'er and am always frustrated by the wide variety of answers I get during a project. I like to do things right the first time and appreciate all good advise.

I have a house built in 1950 and for some reason only have one vent pipe in the whole house; this being in the main hallway bath. I have a 1/2 bath in the master and am in the process of adding a tub to this bathroom. I am completely gutting the room for the second time and thought i should ask about a vent for this toilet, sink and tub. Is a vent pipe necessary since I don't think this bath ever had one. The waste pipe from the Kitchen, master bath all travel to and past the hallway bath where the vent pipe is located.

Is this one vent pipe sufficient due to it's location?
One vent can service a house. It all depends on the setup.
Ron
Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote