Vanity light bathroom drill hole concern
I replaced the vanity lighting over my bathroom mirror tonight the screw holes to secure the vanity back plate were a little bit closer in on the new lighting, and I had to put the back plate a little higher (lights drop down). When I drilled the left hole for the expanding wall screw latch (not sure what its called) I ran into a rough patch about 1/2 inch into the drill. I switched out my bit for a stronger bit and it worked fine after a little pressure.
I secured the vanity light, and got everything set up and cleaned up, and I swear after returning the power to the lighting and testing them I smelled the slightest odor in the bathroom. (I also just installed 2 faucets, so it could be the smell of fresh metal).
I'm very concerned that I may have drilled through a natural gas pipe or something similar, and can't sleep because of the danger of carbon monoxide.
Could somebody let me know:
1) Are there gas pipes in close proximity to electrical fixtures in bathrooms?
2) Who can I call this late at night to test for a gas leak?
3) I shut off the lighting for the hall/bathroom, but have no breaker for just the electrical for that area. Do I need to shut off power to my house to avoid an electrical fire sparked by the gas?
4) Could this be a vent for the sinks? My left sink now drains painfully slow (unless I pump the pop up valve and then it releases quickly...)
I hope somebody is up and can help me out. I'm very concerned.
major question where is the bathroom located and is there an 2nd floor bathroom??...as in relationship to your gas stove....dryer...heating system anything above on 2nd floor or next to the bathroom??if everything is on the same level no swet because the gas lines have no reason to be that high running thru or near the bathroom.............if your a one level house no water lines would have a purpose being that high either..and the gas is all feed from the floor or basement up into the appliances .for you to drill any pipe it would of taken all your strenghtwith your foot up on the wall leaning :eek: into it!you know the smell a natural GAS right when you light you stove no way you could drill a hole in a galvinized/black gas pipe and it won't be there anyway.probably was the drill bit hitting a wood beam wth a nail and heating up a bit..if the bit was hot to the touch on the way out :thumbsup: might of been the heat of the bulbs in the new light
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:53 AM.|
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.