Vacuum Lock - Kinetico K5 RO System - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-31-2012, 08:18 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Vacuum Lock - Kinetico K5 RO System

I let the system run until it stopped to see how long it worked before I had to change filters. I changed the filters on this system but when I turned the water back on, the little blue indicator did not pop back up and water went through to the septic and not out the faucet. My son works with industrial RO systems and told me it was probably a vacuum lock. Has anyone run into this and know how to correct it?

Advertisement

Madkanouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:48 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 75

Vacuum Lock - Kinetico K5 RO System

It wasn't eht letting the water run out till the system stopped, it was the filter replacement procedure that mess it up. The filters have air in it and when you change filters you probably didn't prime the filters or remove the line to get the air out first. It may need a piston and a seal in the tank replaced to get it working again.

Is this what happened?
If the blue pin did not pop up, then maybe the correct filter (with gear wheel) was not in put in. What color was the label on that filter?

Advertisement

Andy CWS is offline   Reply With Quote