DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

utility sink, washer drain

9K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  scrapiron 
#1 ·
I am currenty relocating the utility sink and washer, dryer in my basement.
Where I am moving this equipment, there used to be a bar with a kitchen sink. I have removed the bar and sink.
The sink drained into a 2" pvc pipe which ran horizontally about four feet and then straight down into the concrete to the sewer main.
My question is this:
I would like to extend this existing drain horizontally to drain both my washer and utility sink. Do I need to vent this system? There is currently no venting on that side of the house at all.

#3 ·
What's the code requirements for a vent that must go outside vs using a studor inside? I have a small wet sink in my bar area that is pumped via a little giant sump through a check valve and into my solid waste pipe exiting the home. Do I have to vent this sump all the way outside, or is a studor vent permittable?

#4 ·
I like the idea of the studor vent. I have never used one of these before. Where would I place the vent assuming that on the end of the drain line would be my washer drain, next the sink would empty into the line and then into the sewer main?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.