Urinal Rough In - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-21-2012, 02:15 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

urinal rough in

any plumblers out there know the rough in on a kolher k-4960-et urnial? i need to know the spread on the all thread on the carrier for the bracket. the three all threads that hold the bracket on the finished wall. the two on top need to be a certain spread from the bottom one. i think its an inch off center but not sure. didnt get the paper work for the rough in and kolher is too busy to get back with me. any info is helpful. thanx. scott

Advertisement

purple01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:25 PM   #2
Plumber/Contractor

Rewards Points: 2,620

urinal rough in

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple01 View Post
any plumblers out there know the rough in on a kolher k-4960-et urnial? i need to know the spread on the all thread on the carrier for the bracket. the three all threads that hold the bracket on the finished wall. the two on top need to be a certain spread from the bottom one. i think its an inch off center but not sure. didnt get the paper work for the rough in and kolher is too busy to get back with me. any info is helpful. thanx. scott
You must be using a carrier? Try JR Smith, Zurn or the supplier that you purchased from. That info comes with the carrier, not the urinal if I remember right

Advertisement

Old 09-21-2012, 07:39 PM   #3
Doing it myself

Rewards Points: 2,024
Send a message via AIM to Alan Send a message via MSN to Alan

urinal rough in

rough in specs for the urinal : http://www.us.kohler.com/webassets/k...n/115947_1.pdf
Old 09-21-2012, 07:41 PM   #4
Doing it myself

Rewards Points: 2,024
Send a message via AIM to Alan Send a message via MSN to Alan

urinal rough in

I'm kind of confused by what you refer to as a carrier bracket...... When I think of a carrier bracket, i'm thinking of a wall mount toilet.... urinals do not typically need that kind of setup.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:17 PM   #5
Plumber/Contractor

Rewards Points: 2,620

urinal rough in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
I'm kind of confused by what you refer to as a carrier bracket...... When I think of a carrier bracket, i'm thinking of a wall mount toilet.... urinals do not typically need that kind of setup.
It's the same idea as a wc carrier. I've used them with block walls and steel studs. (speced by arch/eng.) They're a pain to work with. On the top bracket, you stub out 1/4" allthread at the exact location of the urinal brackets- matching the hole pattern.
Another hassle is you do not use trap arms as the carrier posts will be in the way so your ground rough needs to be pretty accurate.
Attached Images

Old 09-24-2012, 05:40 PM   #6
OregonThe Shower me state

Rewards Points: 25

urinal rough in

Anyone reading this forum may think a residential urinal is unusual (right they are) but my Japanese in laws place (near Hammamatsu) the downstairs is traditional Japanese meaning on one side of a short hall is a benjo (a trough with running water set into the tiled bathroom floor that one squats over, and the other side of the hall a urinal~first time I ever saw one in a residential setting! Being a great beer drinker at the time I thought how wonderfully practical this is!

Advertisement

Turbogus is offline   Reply With Quote