Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-12-2010, 08:25 PM   #1

Share |

undermount sink issues

Hi All,
Just had a quick question. My wife and I Bought an undermount sink that we like a lot that is 23.25" long and 18.25" wide. Bowl is 21" long and 15.75" wide. Our cabinet spec is 23.5" long and 22.75" wide. The bowl fits fine into the area but the instructions on the bowl say we need at least 27" length. Is there anyway around the 27"? Is there an undermount bracket that we can use or something like that? Assuming this will work, we will then have our new countertop cut to the bowls spec. Thanks for your help in advance.

-Kyle

kyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 09:22 PM   #2

undermount sink issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyles View Post
Hi All,
Just had a quick question. My wife and I Bought an undermount sink that we like a lot that is 23.25" long and 18.25" wide. Bowl is 21" long and 15.75" wide. Our cabinet spec is 23.5" long and 22.75" wide. The bowl fits fine into the area but the instructions on the bowl say we need at least 27" length. Is there anyway around the 27"? Is there an undermount bracket that we can use or something like that? Assuming this will work, we will then have our new countertop cut to the bowls spec. Thanks for your help in advance.

-Kyle
i'd assume the extra length is for the mounting clips underneath. if thats the case you should be able to notch the cabinet around those clips so it sits flush. make sure there aren't any drawer slides or anything in the way, then notch the cabinet after you get the sink and countertop attached

the_man is offline   Reply With Quote