DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Two quotes - difference of more than double? (pricey one doesn't even break cement)

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Alan 
#1 ·
I know, nobody wants to talk about money on here, but I'm really scratching my head on this one.

Need a rough in for a basement wet bar, which will be located directly next to current waste stack and supply lines. (First floor bathroom is directly above).

The first company I had out figured $1700 to run some PEX, break up the floor, and tie in the drain and vent.

The second company said they didn't need to break up the floor and that they'd just need to snap the stack above ground and attach a wye for the sink and run some PEX, but they wanted $3500.

They're both reputable companies.

You'd think that NOT breaking up the floor would cost less not more than double. I don't get it.

#3 ·
I agree.

I once had some quotes on replacing siding on a house I was looking to buy.

They ranged anywhere from 15,000 to 82,000. None were anywhere close to the other. I decided not to buy it, but sometimes getting bids can be crazy. :mad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.