DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Plumbing (
-   -   Twin Impeller Shower Pump Connectors (

snowman23 09-01-2006 03:32 AM

Twin Impeller Shower Pump Connectors
Hi and good morning to everyone

I am looking for some advise please, I have installed a shower pump under my bath and connected the pump up to the mixer taps and pipe work by using flexiblle tap connectors. I later realised that I was suppose to buy the specific flexible connectors designed for the pump. The only difference I can see is that the specific flexible connectors have plastic screw on fittings and have plastic push on fittings to the pipe , where as the tap connectors i have used have metal screw on connnectors and compression fittings to the pipe .

I have not turned the pump on yet as i am not sure if it is safe to run the way I have rigged it up. I am just running the water form the gravity for now.

Please can someone advise me if it is ok to run the pump as I have installed it or if I should buy the correct fittings and install it again.

Look forward to your replies...

Jimbob 11-11-2007 04:33 AM

You should always use the right parts for the job, especially when it comes to water.

The flexible pump connectors serve 2 purposes.

1. Reduces pipe vibration to and from the shower pump.

2. Has no nasty tight bends and thus helps the flow rate.

Its up to you but I would go back to where you bought the shower pumps and get the correct connectors.

What type of shower pump is it? As I fit Salamander shower pumps and they always come with the connectors in the pack.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:15 PM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.