Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-25-2008, 11:03 AM   #1

Share |

Tub Toilet Location?

Hello.

I'm in the process of designing/building my basement bathroom. There are existing pipes cast into the concrete (the 1-1/2" tub pipe has a P-Trap Below the slab)

I just want to make sure I frame the walls in the correct position relative to the existing pipes. I have my drawing and a picture of the pipes.

I plan on using a Crane Cranada Toilet and Crane 30"x60" Tub. Please let me know if any of my dimensions are off in relation to the walls studs.

Any Comments would be great,

Thanks

mfleming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 10:49 AM   #2

Tub Toilet Location?

The toilet drain 12 1/2" from the framing is perfect - that will give you the 12" you need after drywall is up. You want 15" clear space at a minimum on either side of the toilet. Tub drain is on the wrong side of the wall. Gas pipe is also in the way for your tub. Your going to have to do some rework to get that tub where you want it. Put the tub in place before you frame the walls around it - then you'll know the dimensions are perfect.

jogr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 10:29 PM   #3

Tub Toilet Location?

If the tub drain is on the wrong side of the wall if I pushed the wall over so its on the proper side of the pipe the toilet drain won't be 12-1/2" and the sink drain will be out for inside of the wall towards the inside of the room? Does this mean my tub will be "inside a portion of the wall" ie jog in the wall for the tub? If thats so, I'm gonna be pretty pissed as this house is only a year old and you would think they would put it close to the right spot.

Gas pipe I'm gonna see if I can cut it off so it goes UP inside the stud wall then over so it'll be roughly 92" from bottom of floor (tight to u/s TJI Joist)
Old 09-29-2008, 10:55 AM   #4

Tub Toilet Location?

Should I just bust out the concrete around the tub drain and relocated it?

When I relocate this pipe where should it be placed referencing stud walls? Does the tub drain have to be dead center of the tub or can you angle the tub drain kit? I'm putting in a 30"x60" tub so where exactly should I place the tub drain pipe?

Thanks
Old 09-30-2008, 10:09 AM   #5

Tub Toilet Location?

With the tub drain can I rotate the "T" so instead of it draining straight down it'll drain horizontally to the 1-1/2" tub drain pipe outside the wall then go down?
Old 09-30-2008, 11:16 AM   #6

Tub Toilet Location?

Check to see if your local code is ok with that. It might be but I haven't seen one done that way. I see some drain assemblies claim the T can be used horizontally.
http://doitbest.com/Drain+Fittings-P...sku-408174.dib

If you have to bust up some concrete and move that drain a few inches it's not as bad as it sounds. Other option is to put bump the wall a few inches just where the tub is and leave the rest of the wall as you've drawn it. That might not give you the look you want though.

jogr is offline   Reply With Quote