Tub, Separating Valve And Spout - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-05-2010, 04:23 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Tub, Separating valve and spout

I am installing a new tub (drop in, air jetted, no shower) and had planned on putting the faucet on the backside of the tub. This way you weren't hitting you head on it like you would if it were at either end, and you wouldn't have to climb over it to get into the tub. However the tub is 42" wide (not including the enclosure) and it is way to far to reach to turn on the water if the faucet is on the back side of the tub.

So my plan is to have the spout on the back of the tub, but put the control valve at the end of the tub (near where your head would be). Are there any issues with doing this? I plan on using a shower valve and I will have to find an acceptable spout (waterfall type maybe) but that is the only issue I am seeing. So what am I missing?

Thanks,

Bigmatt

Advertisement

bigmatt is offline   Reply With Quote