DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

toilet vents

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Alan 
#1 ·
Anyone in Huntington NY that knows the local code??? can I use a 2" wet vent that is only 4' away from toilet or does the toilet need to have its own vent ie individual vent system...also does my soil stack need a vent stack continuing up through the roof if I individually vent each fixture up into attic and tie them together there...I have already checked NY code and it appears that no individual vent is reqd for toilet...thanks Rich:yes:

#2 ·
I do most of my work in Nassau county so I'm not very familiar with codes in Huntington. Around here the toilet can be wet vented with 2". 4' is far but it will pass unless you get some hard ass inspector. Your best bet is to call the inspector and ask if you can wet vent and what the maximum distance is.

#3 ·
Anyone in Huntington NY that knows the local code??? can I use a 2" wet vent that is only 4' away from toilet or does the toilet need to have its own vent ie individual vent system...also does my soil stack need a vent stack continuing up through the roof if I individually vent each fixture up into attic and tie them together there...I have already checked NY code and it appears that no individual vent is reqd for toilet...thanks Rich:yes:

The best thing you can do is get in touch with the local plumbing inspector and ask him/her.

This won't really help, but.... In Oregon, wet venting is limited to vertical drainage, so depending on the direction your toilet drain is going, you may have trouble hitting the fixture you're wet venting. Also, the wet vented section of pipe must be 1 pipe size larger than the minimum required drain for the fixture. Basically this limits you to a lav and/or a tub shower here since a shower is a 2" drain, it would require a 2 1/2" or 3" drain...

As far as vent termination, code here simply states that the number of vents that terminate through the roof must have the same aggregate cross sectional area of the largest required building sewer. Nothing about toilet vents extending separately.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.